Friday, October 7, 2011

Life

My friend Kels asked about Jaden's heart murmur, so let me clarify. The doctor could barely hear it and was not at all concerned. She said we will simply monitor at his next appointment. Both Jared and I had a heart murmur as a child, so we weren't really surprised. Sorry to leave you hanging Kels!

I have to say that I recently passed the third of my tests to become an Enrolled Agent, licensed to practice before the IRS. It's been a long year of studying, and I'm glad to be done with it all. Now I'm just waiting for the paperwork back from the IRS so I can add the initials behind my name on my business card :)

Biggest thing going on in our lives is still our niece Eiley. To make a long story short, she has had several struggles since being born with her intestines outside of her body. Now we are 4 surgeries later, and she has a colostomy bag for the next few months and hoping to get things moving. She can hopefully go home if things continue to do better. It's been 2 1/2 months in the NICU and is wearing on everyone, particularly her parents. Please continue to pray for Eiley's healing and learning how to eat and digest as she should. And for her parents and family as they continue to deal with having to be separated from each other and traveling back and forth from the hospital, etc.

Our basement is nearing completion at this point. The trim is up but some pieces and touch-ups still need to be done. Hopefully will be finalized by the end of the month.

Packers are back! For those who don't know, sports, especially football, is extremely important to us and our families. We literally plan our lives around the Packers and fantasy football. Gotta love it! Just thought I'd share.

Jaden is literally into EVERYTHING lately. Garbage cans, toilets, toilet paper, Dori's food and water dishes, kleenex, and anything that can be spilled or smeared all over are his favorites. He is getting extremely close to walking and I expect it any day now. He walks very efficiently along furniture and sometimes stands by himself before he forgets what he is doing.

Our computer is pretty well toast and we're looking to extract everything off of it. I've heard that you can pay to have this done. Anyone have any suggestions about the best way to go about this? I think I have pictures, etc. saved elsewhere, but just want to verify.

We're in Richland Center currently for a wedding tomorrow of Jared's co-worker. He went to hang out with the rest of the guys tonight, and Jaden is fast asleep, so I'm just hanging in the hotel room. Jaden never sleeps well away from home, plus with his cold currently - should be a long night. They do have a pool here so we're going to go swimming in the morning. Taking my son swimming is one of my favorite things so I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment